Wednesday, April 11, 2012

And so it begins....

For the longest time I have been saying I was going to do this (start a blog), and it just never happened.  Why you ask?  You're probably thinking, "Um, no, I really don't care why, just get to the good stuff".  But luckily for you, I am going to tell you anyway :)

                                                    FEAR

Of so many things.  Fear of rejection.  Fear of criticism.  Fear of thinking I am being original, then people telling me that I'm not.  Fear of starting something I can't keep up with - like a half-done scrapbook on the shelf collecting dust....but in blog form.  There are SO MANY things to be afraid of, and SO MANY things I haven't done in the past because of fear of failure.  Well guess what?  Ok, I'll just tell you....  I had already failed by not trying at all.  So this is me saying 'What the heck, I'll give it try'.

 So feel free to criticize me all you want :) Bring it on!  But, feel free to compliment me as well, cause I like that too ;)

Alright, now to the good stuff.  I'm starting this blog for a couple of different reasons.  I was really adventurous, and creative and imaginative as a child, but felt like I had lost a lot of that creativity when I got married and became a mother.  Saddest thing you've ever heard, right?  Well, I hadn't lost any of my creativity, I was just too busy stressing about other things to sit down and really play with my son and enjoy it.  Once I stopped thinking about 'The List' of things that needed to be done or little things that were bothering me (and once I got off Facebook and put the iphone down), I could really enjoy the time with my son and feel like I was a little kid again.  I want to share that with everyone - especially those who feel like they've run out of ideas, or those who feel like they can't connect with their child.   You haven't run out of ideas, and you can connect with them! I also want to share my journey to becoming a happier, more confident, and more patient person. Life is good, and there are ways to make yourself feel better all around - because if mom ain't happy, NOBODY'S happy!!

Now, I am fully aware that blogs like this are a dime a dozen.  But that's soooooo great, because we can never get enough ideas when it comes to being creative with our kids, and encouraging one another to be happier and more confident parents right?  Right.  So, with that being said,   LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment